Adding a Collection
To add a collection
On the Coveo server, access the Administration Tool (see Opening the Administration Tool).
Access the Sources and Collections page (Index > Sources and Collections).
In the Collections section, click Add.
In the right panel, under Add Collection:
In the Name field, enter a name to identify the collection.
This name may be visible by end-users in search interfaces. It can appear in optional Collection facets or collection check boxes appearing below the search box, both allowing end-users to refine results by collection. Consequently, choose the name carefully so that it clearly describes the collection content from the end-user point of view. It is also a best practice to ensure that this name follows a similar naming convention as the name of other existing collections.
Note: You can always rename a collection but this requires rebuilding all the sources contained in the collection (see Renaming a Collection).
Select the appropriate Allowed Users option:
- Grants access to all users.
- The collection creator
- Grants access only to the administrator who created the collection. This option is useful to test a collection before making it available to end-users.
- The following users or groups
- Grants access to the users or groups whose accounts are entered in the text box. Specify user and group names in the domain\username format. Use semicolons to separate entries.
- Click Save to create the collection.